During 2008, we recently accomplished a portion of our 2008-2009 malaria prevention project goals. We are continuing our malaria prevention goals into 2009.
Please view the photos of our recent bed net distribution.
UNA-DRC has many goals including:
- Malaria prevention and education
Click here to download a letter (French Version) from the Congolese Department of Health to UNA-DRC regarding our malaria prevention project for 2009.
- HIV / AIDS prevention education and awareness
- Feeding children
- Reacclimation education for former child soldiers
- Human Rights Education
- Workshops and seminars for women and gender rights
- Career workshops for women
- UN Model Simulations
- Clean water projects
- Distribution of literature
- Hosting work groups to help with our projects
- Growing a base of volunteers
- Increasing awareness to other parts of the world related to UNA-DRC's challenges
- For volunteer work, disseminate and promote in our country's ideals of Peace, Freedom, Equality and Equitable Development in accordance with the United Nations Charter
- Inform the public about actions by UN agencies in our country
- To hear the voice of the people to the United Nations and the International community
- Serve as a repository of information about the United Nations
- Awareness of peace and conflict resolution
- Support the UN Millennium Development Goals
Our long range goals include:
- Support and promote the Aims, Objectives, Principles and Ideals of the United Nations as enriched in the UN Charter by way of ensuring an informed public and larger knowledge about the United Nations, its meaning and potentialities.
- Work in cooperation with all national and international groups and organizations to ensure economic, social and cultural justice, for equality between men and women and a more just World and to work and strive for a more relevant institutional mechanism for equitable and sustainable protection and active and effective participation of Women, Children and Youth
- Mobilize all the people of DRC and other Resources for National Development, Peaceful Prevention and Resolution of Conflicts, Peace building, the promotion of Human Rights and Democracy and Environmental conservation.
- Work with civil society organizations, community and grassroots groups and to cooperate with the government and local authorities as well build a well-established partnership with UN in country mission and agencies.
THE ASSOCIATION'S PROGRAMS:
UNA-DRC programme for year 2006-2008 is based on the following areas:
1. Peace building and conflict prevention and resolution
2. Capacities building and Organization Development
3. Education, campaign and networking
4. Consultancy and Liaison
5. Promotion and Information on UN work, principles and MDGs
These programmes are aimed at fostering peaceful co-existence among different people and communities in their diversity and tolerance through dialogue, discussion, debates and all forms of exchange and facilitating the flow of information between and among people mainly in potential and actual conflict situations so that lasting peace, security and democracy and sustainable development can be established and developed
We host workshops, training and radio - TV educational programmes, train leaders and publish newsletters.
FUTURE PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Further strengthening of the Secretariat General and its administrative capacities
- Strengthening the Resource, Information, Training and Education Centre (RITEC) through Model UN, Seminars and workshops, bulletin, radio TV programmes.
- Continuing membership recruitment, strengthening the three existing branches and opening of new branches where necessary mostly within universities and colleges.
- Continuing participation in the UN-African Union Great Lakes peace, security and development process.
- Strengthening the Conflict Prevention, Resolution and Peace and democracy building and MDGs Programmes through reconciliation, mediation and awareness rising, training and community capacities building.
- Developing and implementing a social and economic support programme for women and girls victims of sexual violence and to decommissioned child soldiers living in the streets.
- Promoting networking and international Volunteering and Traineeship Exchange Programme.