To pursue our goals, we have accomplished these objectives in the recent past:
- Distribute bed nets to save lives from malaria: Please view our videos for a glimpse of the 2008 bed net distribution. Please view the photos of our 2008 bed net distribution.
Click here to download a letter (French Version) from the Congolese Department of Health to UNA-DRC regarding our malaria prevention project for 2009.
- Conducted seminars in local communities regarding tolerance and reconciliation
- Developed ongoing relationships with other civil society organisations, including other UNAs worldwide
- Consulted with the national media to provide information on the importance of free and open elections
- Translated the new constitution into local languages to increase common awareness of its contents
- Prepared dialogue and advocacy kits which were used as part of the reconciliation and non-violent mediation sessions that were held following the election.
- Trained regional election observers on the ethics and behaviour required of monitors. The election observers returned to their local areas and shared this knowledge with local activists.
- Provided further training for staff and volunteers in the areas of administration and policy
Questions? Contact the site team